Without a preventive maintenance program in place, catering equipment repairs are bound to happen which means that you will be spending money for it. This is not a good thing for your business because as much as possible, you should avoid unnecessary costs. Catering equipment are prone to breakdown when they are not well-maintained or if there is no scheduled servicing. Just like any machine or equipment, the ones you use for catering should be regularly serviced to ensure maximum performance, longevity, and minimize breakdown.
The Importance of Repairs and Maintenance
In some cases, there are operators who try to save money by not having catering tools equipment repairs and maintenance unless the equipment has totally broken down. This costs more money considering the severity of the damage. You will have to pay higher bills for repair, loss of productivity, downtime, and you will have dissatisfied customers. But if there is a scheduled maintenance program, you will not only save money but you will also eliminate any unexpected and expensive breakdowns.
These are some of the best tips to get the best out of your equipment:
- Make sure that your equipment is installed in a good location. It should also be easily accessible.
- Check if your equipment is within the required distance to services such as water, electricity, drain, ventilation, and others.
- Installation of the equipment should be dependent on the specifications of the manufacturer. To ensure safety, do not take shortcuts.
- Do not dare to install your equipment on your own or a handyman, especially if it needs installation by a qualified technician. There are some types of equipment that require specific technical knowledge for commissioning and installation which a handyman would not be able to process.
- If you have an appliance that needs a water filtration system, install one that conforms to the local water condition. Doing so will mean that you are protecting your investment, extend its life span, while improving the quality of any product produced through the equipment.
- Carefully read the manual of instructions if you are not sure of something. You can also contact the authorized agent or seller if you have questions.
- Utilize the equipment for its specific purpose while following the guidelines set by the manufacturer. This means that you need to make sure that you are not overloading your equipment nor using it for a different purpose.
- Follow the right cleaning procedures and regularly clean the equipment as you can.
- Ask your authorized agent or supplier if it is possible for them to provide a preventative program.
By following the above recommendations, you are taking the initiative to secure that your equipment would be able to deliver services for a much longer time with an exceptional performance and less breakdowns.